Wednesday, July 28, 2010

KIDS THESE DAYS, IT MAKES ME SAD.

So, my heart goes out to all kids,that is my soft spot. I believe that kids are innocent, well most of them. To see how kids treat each other at such young ages.scares me and makes me sad. This is our future?? Teaching them young how to fight or better yet not teaching them manors and respect for others?? I mean come on people! I am 23 years old, have been through the ringer, and my daughter is still ON POINT! I am hard on her. Although I may act the way I act or do what I do, I make sure my daughter keeps being the wonderful little girl she is. I would rather be hard on her ow and keep her on track,then slack and 10years from now she is totally disrespecting me. I had a horrible relationship with my Mother as I got older. I did not have discipline. I grew up in a home where I could do and come and go as I pleased. That is not the right way, it;s the easy way. People tend to take the easy way. I was the same way. I am taking time now to devote more time and energy and effort into her and her future. It is not cute to have a brat for a baby. It is not cute when you are shopping in a grocery store and your child is screaming at the top of their lungs cause they can not have a candy bar. You are supposed to be in control of your child, not them in control of you. It is also not cute, when your child is rolling there eyes and being bullies to other children. Some kids at my daughters school,are already putting others down for what the other may be wearing. That is horrible. Children are supposed to be oblivious and love one another. Help each other and learn to grow together. A lot of it,is due to the home front though. If a parent could give two shits about having respect and doing good in front of your child then of course your child will become content in that way of thinking as well! There are already "clicks" in the 1st. grade. COME ON NOW! Children should see each other as equal. If it does not stop now, it will get worse. It scares me. My daughter is so kind and sweet and has a beautiful heart and she is going to be surrounded by a bunch of non polite, uneducated children. I HOPE HOPE HOPE that she remains a tough leader and does not let the outside corrupt world, pollute her mind! I get so sad and my feelings get hurt when people are mean to her. When her feelings are hurt so are mine. I just want to protect and her little heart forever. I do know that I will not always be able to be there though. I sure will try my hardest though. People, have control and take it now! It will only get worse as your child gets older! Think about it!

2 comments:

  1. I know what ya mean. I have a daughter that was a freshman last year, and there were a few gangsta broads that are way bigger than she is trying to bully her. It's so hard not to dropkick or punch girls like that in the neck. haha.. they are juniors and one senior,,so its lame in the first place that they are picking on someone that just started high school.
    My daughter and I are both pretty short, but that only makes me wanna be able to do something about it more. Those girls are bigger than I am....which makes it even worse.
    I'm sure if I did fight them ..she would be totally embarrassed. I'm covered in tats and my hair is a bright ass pink..blonde and black...All the kids know me at the high school...I could never pull a sneak attack! haha

    I'm often strict with her, but she understands why. There is a limit to the time kids should be out in the world on their own. All I know is, when I was her age, I already had done a million things crazier than she has. I think moms like us have it easier, cause our kids can relate to us more and not be afraid to talk to us without being judged.

    Keep up the good work mamas <3
    Debbie Deth

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW, Thank You so much!I think that our first instinct, is we want to retaliate. I get so angry ,well more hurt,when someone Bullies my baby. I want to teach her to be a kind person but also not take any crap! We will see as the years go on ...its a scary world, we need to be their best friend through it ALL. I totally agree that they can relate more. The more you talk to your kid and are open with them (obviously more and more with age)the more open they will be with you, and less afraid to come to you for anything!

    ReplyDelete